1. Don't be too hard on yourself. In this day and age, it is easy to feel discouraged with the rise of social media. No one is perfect. Take this journey one day at a time.
2. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle. Think of eating right and excercising as a lifestyle. The word "diet" is often seen as a negative word. A lifestyle should be maintainable.
3. Don't starve yourself. When you decide not to eat, your body goes into survival mode. For fear of starvation, your body starts to store everything as fat.
4. Excercise doesn't have to be a chore. Find an activity you love, and use it to your advantage (Examples include: biking, hiking, dancing, and swimming).
5. Don't be afraid to lift heavy. The biggest misconception in todays world is that lifting weights will make you "bulky." The truth: Unless you are taking steroids, lifting heavy will NOT make you bulky.